ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR TRAINEE
POSITION: Accounting Supervisor Trainee
SALARY CLASS: Non-Exempt; with intentions to promote to Exempt
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred.
- Alignment with JBS Values and Company culture
- Strong Excel and computer skills
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate and practice leadership
- Strong desire to work in a challenging and hands-on environment
24-month Accounting Trainee program with a key emphasis on technical, cultural and leadership training. The goal is for the Accounting Trainee to rotate into an accounting supervisor role after successful training completion.
The trainee will have the opportunity to experience various disciplines within Accounting, Finance and Operations. The program is focused on giving the participant the skills they need to analyze business needs, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness. It will ultimately be on the trainee to perform and execute.
The Trainee will perform tasks for Accounting, Finance as well as Operations. This professional experience will develop the trainee in the entire plant functional areas of Accounting and Finance including but not limited to Balance and Income Statement Analysis, Standard Costing, and Cost Reduction. In Operations/Shipping, training on how products are made, crewing necessities, departmental processes and reporting, processes on shipping product, and inventory reconciliation. Trainees will rotate in various functional areas in order to gain a thorough understating of how the plant operates.
The Accounting Trainee Program is an excellent opportunity to give professionals the tools to be a successful leader.
- Year 1: Learning and understanding the operations of the plant including shipping, inventory, and production. Using these to learn how to reconcile inventory and daily production
- Year 2: Using the skills in year 1 to complete daily yields for the plant. Work closely with production team to understand yields. Understand how this relates to finance and accounting.
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting date: February 7, 2022
Closing date: Until Filled