ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Wastewater Department
- Supervise Wastewater personnel
- Perform tests as required to treat water properly
- Train personnel in best practices for keeping water in compliance with City and State requirements
- Keep accurate records and ensure all documentation is kept up to date and accurate
- Take and submit water samples as required
- Make sure all safety rules and requirements are followed
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of wastewater and offal departments
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Typically requires an Associates Degree or completion of Vocational/Technical specialty certification/licensure program in related field. Bachelors Degree preferred.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Proven management skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of applicable compliance requirements and state and federal (EPA) regulations.
- Must possess a minimum Class III Waste Water License or have the ability to obtain an appropriate State Certified license within twelve months of employment.