HR BENEFIT COORDINATOR
Job Title: Benefits Coordinator II
Answers moderately complex employee questions regarding benefits and records employee enrollment in benefits and group insurance programs. Works with employees and third party organizations to resolve issues related to eligibility for benefit plans, amounts of coverage, and claims procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responds to moderately complex employee inquiries by phone, written correspondence and/or email regarding vacation, short-term disability leave, long-term disability, workers' compensation, disability, 401k plans, pension and retirement, and other plans.
• Delivers employee presentations on benefit programs.
• Explains and interprets more complex aspects of insurance programs to employees and dependents.
• Answers more complex questions regarding benefits such as pension and retirement plan, and group benefit plans which includes life, hospitalization, and disability leave.
• Corresponds with staff at provider offices, hospitals, and benefits providers regarding claims.
• Coordinates the administration of employee benefit programs such as benefit plan coverage, dental insurance, group life insurance, pension plans, and other benefits.
• Consults with and advises employees on eligibility, provisions, and other matters related to benefits.
• Coordinates the preparation of employee benefits booklets and other employee benefit communications.
• Assists with the coordination of annual enrollment process.
• May research, analyze, and integrate data to provide information on benefit programs and utilization.
Decisions are varied and may require solutions to be developed.
Restricted to gathering and interpreting data for problems of limited difficulty or complexity. Tasks and procedures are moderately standard and require basic analytic ability to compare numbers and simple facts for selecting the correct action.
Solves problems by gathering, compiling, and sorting information. Problems are usually at the work unit or department level.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under moderate supervision within standard operating procedures. May function autonomously, with a supervisor/lead available to answer questions.
INTERNAL; Internal communication is required on a daily basis with all levels of positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
EXTERNAL; External communication is required on a daily basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.