SENIOR SALES AND CATEGORY INSIGHTS PARTNER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Senior Sales and Category Insights Partner Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
The goal of this role is to become an integral and trusted advisor of proactive insights to the different sales teams (Retail, Food Service and Exports), while generating effective market opportunities for our company. This role is responsible for helping the company to identify and maximize our sales market opportunities, by understanding our industry environment, defining how we diversify, mitigate risks, grow and compete in the market properly. It will be responsible to support our sales teams in strengthening our position with our key customers, while impacting multiple levels of our go-to-market strategies and our sales organization. He/she will be responsible for further developing our market Intelligence program for each sales channel, organizing and developing our Market Intelligence routines, setting processes to provide insights and collaborate with different stakeholders to develop market opportunities.
- A successful candidate must be a cultural fit and appreciate our company values.
- He/she must take the initiative, be independent and motivated to create market
- Must build meaningful relationships with the sales leaders, become a trusted advisor, be embedded in their decision making processes, effectively manage expectations and align on most impactful market opportunities.
- He/She must be able to carry out our market intelligence vision effectively, becoming a leader while championing and enhancing our organizational initiatives by positively influencing change management.
- Have clear communication, especially when presetting insights to customers and executive teams.
- The person should be able to easily understand the business dynamics,connect with the company objectives and the big picture, while being able to effectively support strategic and tactical sales initiates.
- Needs a strong analytical background, translate market information to insights,so that we can use it to drive decisions in a fact based environment and translate data into strategy that will lead to profitable decisions.
- Must be able to build a strong network to keep track of the market movements and have a strong sense of urgency to still comprehensively update our market vie
- He/she must have a growth and research mindset,test and verify our knowledge of the market factors / fundamentals, create and develop new tools and have the strong drive to constantly improve.
- He/she must be organized to manage projects along with routines and requests.
- Stakeholder management:
- Work closely with Sales Leaders and other stakeholders to proactively diagnose their main opportunities, identify strategic initiatives and set priorities.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities for the stakeholders in line with their KPI’s and company goals.
- Produce regular weekly and monthly insights reports and analysis.
- Maintain current and emerging developments/trends for your market scope, assess the impact, and collaborates with stakeholders to incorporate them to our plans.
- Deliver gap analysis relative to our competitors and demand and work with sales teams to identify new channel and customer opportunities.
- Build customer profiles, segment them in accordance to our goals, creating a pipeline of opportunities and provide insights on targeting strategies.
- Partner with sales stakeholders to understand market & competitive strengths / weaknesses / opportunities / threats; and Joint business planning support actionable assessment as well as the identification, creation & execution of activities based on this assessment.
- Perform demand analysis on all segments of our business (Retail, Food Service, Export, etc) and update and improve our forecast models.
- Provides intelligence and consultative guidance for product positioning, sales training and selling activities for our sales teams.
- Present insights to customers when needed.
- Market Intelligence Process:
- Develop and manage our market information database, manage multiple data sources, build our dashboards, platforms and automate processes.And provide continues support to enhance Market Intel.
- Prepare primary and secondary market research with internal/external key partners.
- Develop our communication devices (reports, forums, webinars, meetings, etc) and routines to appropriately share actionable intelligence with audiences in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics,Business, Statistics, or related field.
- 3- 5 years of work experience in Category Management & Insights, Market Intelligence, Marketing or similar insights roles.
- Has worked in a corporate environment, working in a cross functional environment, with proven insights experience to sales teams.
- Experience with analytics and insights.
- Experience with project management and process improvements.
- Mostly domestic, up to 50%depending on the time of the year.
- Excellent communication, networking, collaborative and relational skills.
- Strong analytical, consultative and problem solving
- Organized and strong planner.
- Research mindset, with a great ability to communicate and present insights to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of Marketing tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with pulling data from various data sources (IRI,Nielsen, Syndicated, USDA, etc.).
- Good understanding of how to properly display data.
- Understanding of reporting tools and concepts.
- QlikView, data management, working knowledge of VBA, and statistical analysis and tools.
- Background working in CPG or agriculture industry.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $80,000 - $136,500; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.