- Ensure the facility is in compliance with safety laws and regulations.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Manage and develop all the employees in the Safety and Health Department.
- Knowledge of relevant local, state, or national policies and procedures to promote effective strategies for the safety of employees.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Work in a fast pace environment where beef are processed.
- Able to work at least 50+ hours a week