CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are searching for a Corporate Communications Specialist based at our corporate office in Greeley, CO. This position requires a motivated team player with experience in and passion for using communications tools to engage with a large, diverse workforce and external audiences. Responsible for supporting key stakeholders within the company and collaborating with many different teams. This person will develop and execute internal communications plans and campaigns, support media relations efforts, create materials and provide strategic digital/social media guidance.
- Support corporate communications efforts on behalf of JBS USA.
- Serve as a communications resource for internal and external clients.
- Identify opportunities for storytelling throughout the organization.
- Coordinate planning, measurement and analytics to ensure we are effectively connecting communications activities with business goals and objectives.
- Manage the company’s internal strategy for disseminating corporate information to the hourly workforce, including communications app, ensuring timely, engaging content and information is available at all times.
- Build and support internal communications strategy development, with an emphasis on hourly team members.
- Develop, implement and execute internal communications campaigns.
- Identify and implement strategies to effectively communicate to a diverse hourly workforce, including innovative ways to overcome language and cultural barriers.
- Assist with crisis management for internal audiences.
- Collaborate with Human Resources staff to ensure communications and HR are working together effectively to meet internal corporate communications goals and HR business unit communications goals.
- Build media lists, develop coverage reports, pitch local media.
- Serve as a company spokesperson, with an emphasis in local markets.
- Create talking points and informational materials.
CONTENT CURATION, MANAGEMENT & MAINTENANCE
- Plan, write and edit content (e.g. app; Intranet; in-plant materials).
- Develop key messages and talking points for priority areas and topics within the organization.
- Serve as back-up support for communications activities as it relates to social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, including posting content and responding to comments, questions, concerns, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- 5-7 years of related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Proven work experience in communications
- Highly capable project manager with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Good proofreading skills; attention to detail is a must
- Self-starter, flexible, results-driven, quick-learning personality that easily adapts to change
- Assertive and goal-oriented
- Ability to work effectively and under pressure with a wide array of personalities and management styles
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Appropriately screen and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Understands social/digital media and proficient in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $70,000-$100,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.