WPL Utility Nights
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Responsible for department set-up and breakdown of equipment, supplies and product at beginning and end of shifts.
2. Assists in maintaining the smooth operation of the department by gathering, distributing and monitoring department supplies to support the production schedule.
3. Through communication with the Process Leads and the Station Mechanics, helps maintain production equipment as needed to ensure product quality and quantity are being met.
4. Maintain proper product temperature while scaling, moving, recording and storing product and supplies.
5. Assists in maintaining the production area for cleanliness in accordance with company SSOP standards.
6. Through communication with Process Control and Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed.
7. Assists with paperwork as needed.
8. Assists shipping with box turning as needed.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• High School or GED is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
• Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
• Ability to pass a Prove-It test
• Ability to follow verbal directions
• Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
• Skill in making departmental decisions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Working knowledge of department operations
• Ability to obtain a valid pallet jack license
• To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.