SAFETY TRAINER BELLY COMPLEX
Position Title: Safety Trainer
Location: Ottumwa, IA (Belly Complex)
Salary Class: Non Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
This role will provide support involving safety and safety training for the site. The Safety Trainer position reports directly to the Safety Manager and will work closely with all site personnel and leadership, to ensure site compliance with OSHA, Compliance Training and Corporate training requirements as well as adherence to all company and site policies and procedures.
The main goal of the Safety Trainer will be to support the site leadership to ensure safe working environment. The Safety Trainer will be responsible to support the strategy and vision of the EH&S function and be able to provide the following responsibilities.
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Provide EH&S program support to ensure compliance with all OSHA, JBS & Plumrose regulations and programs.
- Assist and/or facilitate H&S drills including: Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department drills
- Coordinate and/or support Hazardous Communication requirements following GHP guidelines for the site including training, labeling, & Safety Data Sheets.
- Support any site initiatives that involve safety and training actions directed through the Safety Manager.
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking and trending details for EH&S events.
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees
- Record, enter, update and verify OSHA and other safety paperwork
- Gather information and enter data into computer systems
- Prepare reports
- Provide safety training as directed by Safety Manager to comply with site training plan, corporate requirements and OSHA requirements
- Update and audit employee safety files
- Track recommendations and action items
- Work with management team to implement proposed changes in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to plant environment (loud noises, temperatures, slippery floors, etc.) with some work in a general office setting
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
Education: 2 years college education preferred
Reading and comprehension
Ability to work in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Office
File organization – able to manage records accurately
Attention to detail
Multitasking is a necessity
Ability to communicate verbally and in written form