3rd Shift Customer Care/Health Occupations CNA/LPN
POSITION: Customer Care/Occupational Health Assistant
DEPARTMENT: JBS Occupational Health
SALARY CLASS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: 1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift positions
The Customer Care Health Occ Assistant will be responsible for covering our Customer Care Clinic Area. This professional will be evaluating employees and potential employee current health conditions. They will be required to be able to administer first aid and/or medical assistance, able to dispense non-prescription medication, safely dispose hazardous materials, such as bandages, needles, etc. Maintain an adequate inventory of appropriate medical supplies and take action to obtain new or replace old medical emergency equipment. Perform audiometric testing, establish baseline data and perform annual follow-up testing. Assist with the hearing conservation program; ensure that protective equipment is appropriate and properly used. Prepare accident reports in coordination with the supervisors and maintain records of all personnel treated. Maintain OSHA records concerning reportable illnesses and injuries. Assist Health Occ with pre-employment health and drug screen.
· CPR and hearing conservation training preferred.
· Medical Terminology Training
· Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
· Work 40+ hours per week, including Saturdays, in all areas of the plant.
· Bi-lingual speaking preferred.
· Be able to react effectively in medical emergency situations.
· Be able to work different hours and shifts as needed.
Education Requirements (if applicable)
· Minimum of a state issued CNA or LPN licensure
· 1 year of experience in an emergency room, occupational health clinic, or other ambulatory care clinic preferred but not required.
· 1 year experience in the medical field preferred but not required.
If you have questions please contact Kristy Knapp-Steele, Employment Manager
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.