- Maintain a compliant PSM & RMP program at the facility
- Participate in ammonia system operations as necessary
- Will provide training programs to the refrigeration department staff, and perhaps others, on primarily maintenance issues including Mechanical integrity
- Understand interpretations of construction and safety codes as related to operating an ammonia system in a safe and efficient manner
- Work with the safety department to help audit the contractor safety evaluations.
- Develop, or assist in developing, organize, schedule and conduct training programs for the refrigeration system, hazmat team, and confined space entry and rescue team
- Develop and review the SOP's for the refrigeration system, ensure that all P&ID's are up to date
- Review all PM's for mechanical Integrity compliance, ensure that all piping is labeled and valve numbers are in place and accurate.
- Maintain all PSM documentation and training records that pertain to the PSM & RMP program.
- Organize, schedule and conduct PSM meetings, compile and maintain PSM action item logs, assist in completing items on the action item log.
- Inspect and maintain the Hazmat equipment in accordance with 29CFR 1910.119
- Set up training with the local fire departments, and the LEPC to include hazmat drills and tabletop exercises.
- Participate in facility's Environmental Sustainability program
- Minimum 1 year directly related experience
- Knowledge of OSHA 1910.119 PSM Standard
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, some knowledge of SAP software helpful
- Knowledge of basic Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work fractions, ratios and percentages
- Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently through standard procedures
- Ability to work independently and implement proper procedures as required
- Ability to withstand routine exposure to cold temperatures