MAINTENANCE LEAD - DAYS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist in training and motivating maintenance employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance levels.
- Assists in the scheduling of staffing, materials, and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve Company and OSHA standards.
- Monitors department in order that company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company personnel satisfaction.
- Maintains quality standards through process monitoring and inspection.
- Cooperates with staff personnel to study and investigate areas such as quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvements, control of yields, product grading and equipment maintenance.
- Maintains records of shift operation and produces other reports pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Installs new equipment,
- Repairs and maintains facility equipment and the physical structure of the facility.
- Communicates with Reliability Manager regarding maintenance and personnel issues.
- Weekend and overtime work frequently occurs and is required.
- Shift flexibility is necessary. .
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of poultry production operation and marked ability to analyze and respond to production problems.
- Excellent communcation skills – both oral and written.
- Behavior supports positive work environment. Examples: lead by example, friendly, and excellent communication skills both listening and speaking.
- Working knowledge of NH3 refrigeration principles and understanding of plant refrigeration system.
- Working knowledge of electricity.
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to arc and gas weld (overhead and bench).
- Considerable mechanical ability to analyze production machinery and their function and repair.