QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of the Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) team for implementation of quality and food safety programs (HACCP and SSOP) and procedures.
- Monitor activities to ensure team member safety and accurately report any unsafe acts to prevent workplace safety incidents. Coordinate with site safety team for annual LOTO training for FSQA team.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and procedures to FSQA team other plant team members by performing in-class and hands-on training.
- Maintains good communication and working relationships with the FSQA team, site Operations team and USDA personnel, ensuring that all USDA regulations are being followed.
- Interfaces with facility team to assist in problem solving using root cause analyses when investigating daily personnel and processing incidents.
- Ensures PPC’s customer quality programs are executed and communicates issues to site management team to assure the plant is complying with customer specifications.
- Complete additional task as directed by QA Manager or QA Superintendent.
- Manage the team of hourly/SNE QA Technicians including managing Kronos Timekeeping System.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience in poultry further processing or slaughter preferred
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Must have good technical reading and writing skills.
- Must have good math and analytical skills.
- Must become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must be dependable and prompt with strong integrity and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment; able to work well with others.