- Trains employees on Safety Procedures including, but limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Power Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, Harness/Fall Protection, etc.
- Safety background desired.
- Track and document that team members are receiving required time in training program. Give feedback to management team if not meeting requirements.
- Provide timely feedback to team members on progression through training.
- Spend time in plant verifying team members with hands-on training and comprehension.
- Continual development of training curriculum specific to plant needs
- Document and maintain training records
- Educate in orientation Safety Guidelines
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Coordinates employee’s responsibilities and oversees the quality of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating correctible measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical safety defects.
- Collaborate with maintenance and management with safety concerns
- Assist with work orders as necessary
- Provides Safety assistance throughout shift.
- Teach employees the policies and procedures of JBS
- Delegates training procedures as needed
- Tends to other duties as needed.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English, bilingual Spanish-English preferred
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Keep updated records of all training given
- Review training documents
- Support all Safety training efforts
- Perform various other duties as needed or assigned.
- Computer skills; Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work first, second, or split shifts.
- Ability to lift 20+ lbs
- Ability to work in area where temperature ranges from 30F to 34F
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior training experience, 1 -2 years preferred.