The Grading Supervisor is responsible for leading production hourly team members to attain production and quality goals while ensuring the safest working environment possible. The person in this position is responsible for planning, managing and owning various functions of the business (including, but not limited to: loading hot boxes, presenting carcasses to USDA graders for grading, optimizing carcass value through branded program selection, maintaining carcass cooler inventories and rotation, and supplying fabrication with carcasses in the most efficient manner) and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results.
A high performer in this position will identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service. Ultimately, possesses authority over all Cooler operations and makes decisions on what is most beneficial for the company.
- Directly responsible for the hourly and hourly management employees in the Coolers.
- Create a motivated team with hourly and management employees.
- Prepare employee paperwork for all employees to include safety, time and attendance.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and all human resources and safety policies.
- Responsible for administering follow-up training on all personnel on line.
- Actively take part in ensuring the accurate grading of carcasses.
- Maintain a healthy relationship and communication with USDA and Management.
- Maintain accurate data, reports and information pertaining to Coolers department.
- Confer with other managers and supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Make critical decisions based on the data collected.
- Implement and maintain 5S to company standards.
- Able to work 50+ hours a week.
- Bachelor's degree in Animal Science, preferred Meat Judging or beef grading knowledge
- Past experience in managing employees
- Bi-lingual preferred but not mandatory
- Basic computer knowledge