Responsible for recruiting employee's at the plant level as well as coordinating other recruitment and community involvement activities.
- Ensure compliance with employment law and company policy and procedures
- Direct recruitment activities at the plant and coordinate recruitment and community involvement activities
- Compile information and prepare reports for plant and corporate use
- Support facility and company goals and objectives, specifically related to hourly and salaried staffing and onboarding of new hires
- Maintain affirmative action program, including reports, records and logs to conform to EEO and regulations and company requirements. Regularly communicate affirmative action activity to relevant management personnel. Ensure all AAP goals and initiatives are being pursued.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies, temporary agencies, and advertising agencies, processing and checking advertising agency billings
- Facilitate the company’s management training and internship programs
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: General office environment, frequent exposure to plant environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Related Experience (minimum 1 year) Human Resources preferred
Experience: Knowledge of recruiting and the hiring process as well as familiarity with applicable laws required
- Communication skills
- People skills
- Computer skills (Experience with Jobvite, Kronos, and SAP applications a plus)
- Clerical skills
- Bilingual-Spanish & English (preferred)
Internal: Works closely with plant management and human resources teams.
External: Frequently communicates with applicants and new hires as well as recruiting agencies and community networks.
Manages: Hiring Personnel