SENIOR FOOD TECHNOLOGIST
Senior Food Technologist
We are looking for a Senior Food Technologist that leads customer engagements through product sampling, technical communication, and presentations with the support of their manager. Additionally, this role will act as the sole technical touchpoint to key customers and subject matter expert for internal customers. This role will be based out of our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
- Lead customer engagements, both through product sampling, technical communication and presentations with the support of their manager. Sole technical touchpoint to key customers and subject matter expert for internal customers
- Influence development across all cross-functional groups including Regulatory, Marketing, and Operations in accordance to the stage-gate process.
- Expertly communicate technical development activities like costing, design of experiment, report analysis, etc. to cross-functional team with simplicity
- Subject matter expert in ingredient and applications; independently able to troubleshoot product defects, (color, adhesion, etc.) while engaging vendors for both benchtop and commercial scale requests
- Lead vendors in new strategic platform development
- Direct and coordinate development of new products and improvement of existing products
- Develop new plant operations and procedures and adapt to operation needs
- Independently formulate new products and designs product specifications within the guardrails of plant process, brand fit and costing.
- Proficiently and independently write accurate product specs/nutritional guidelines
- Conduct sensory experiments such as shelf life independently
- Conduct food safety experiments such as shelf life independently
- Independently collaborate with operations pertaining to product/process yield opportunities.
- Leads pilot plant development for existing and new process types with the support of the pilot plant team
- Prepares technical data collection independently
- Other duties as assigned
- BS & 5-7 years of relative experience
- MS & 3-5 years of experience
- PhD & 0-2 years of experience
- Preferred in Food Science, Meat Science, Poultry Science, Culinology
- Preferred internship with a technical focus
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office; including Excel, Outlook, Word & Power Point.
- Highly proficient hosting virtual communication tools such as Microsoft TEAMS or Cisco Webex.
- Highly experienced operating in Project Management Systems such as SAP, Accolade, etc.
- Very strong knowledge of USDA, FDA guidelines and able to self-correct.
- Experience in fresh poultry processing a plus
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000 - $85,000;
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity