HEAD OF RETAIL SALES
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
We are building our team and looking for talented and driven professionals for a Head of Retail Sales role based in Lafayette, CO who will help us create the best plant-based protein company in the world.
- Lead the Retail sales organization, set targets, strategies and execution plan.
- Ensures sale objectives are met within company strategies. Maintains coordination with integral company functions and business units.
- Advises retail customers concerning sales and marketing techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist customers in promoting sales.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, and price opportunities to grow business.
- Recommends product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Meets with key clients, maintaining relationships, negotiations, and in closing deals.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant retail sales experience required
- Prior senior sales leadership experience required
- Significant CPG customer facing experience with multiple key accounts required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office); SAP experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to set goals and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of finance, budgeting, sales, manufacturing and product development
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be available outside of normal business hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.