LIVE PRODUCTION ACCOUNTING CLERK
POSITION SUMMARY: The Live Production Accounting Clerk performs intermediate level clerical accounting duties requiring some analysis and individual judgment in the application of routine calculation, verification, and posting procedures to recurring assignments. Performs accounting support functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or a related financial area.
SAFETY IS A CONDITION:
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member workstations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Monitor broiler inventories weekly.
- Track and verify costs on broiler flocks weekly.
- Compile broiler settlement information for management weekly.
- Gather information related to broilers needed for weekly estimates.
- Report broiler settlement information weekly and monthly to a third party.
- Key accounts payable and accounts receivable for broiler growers.
- Calculate and prepare grower payments, settlements, bank assignments, and incentive pay.
- Prepare journal entries for accounting manager to post to general ledger.
- Compile segments of monthly closings.
- Reconcile bedding inventory monthly.
- Audit barn and parts inventory monthly.
- Set up new growers as needed and maintain grower files.
- Audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures.
- Compile information for management as requested for flock/grower analysis.
- Stay current with online training.
- Develop internal contacts outside immediate work area for such purposes as obtaining, verifying, or providing information concerning accounting documents.
- Perform backup duties for hatchery/feed mill/breeder clerks
- Other duties as required
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED), required. Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related accounting experience, required
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal record keeping.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. (Word, Excel, etc.)
- SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.