SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager for Pilgrim’s that reports to the Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
Positioned for our next stage of growth, Pilgrim’s recognizes the value the Supply Chain Manager brings to the team and just as importantly to our customer. Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain and Procurement, you will be responsible for the strategy, planning, implementation and day-to-day execution of supply chain for the Prepared Foods division.
- Manage and optimize a supply chain network with multiple distribution centers and manufacturing locations supporting multiple sales channels. Lead transformation of current business model to a supply chain partnering with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Manage supply chain organization encompassing strategic (demand/capacity planning, supply planning, and system optimization) and tactical functions (forecasting, scheduling, and distribution)
- Identify and implement best-in-class supply chain technology suitable to the scope and size of the business including, but not limited to, MRP, supply constraint models, component attributes, and inventory logic (MOQs, re-order points, planning rules, etc.)
- Implement and reinforce current best practices across all supply chain functions including demand/capacity planning, service targets, S&OP process, inventory strategy, new product development, and product lifecycles
- Develop, implement and achieve targets for key performance indicators at a line, manager, and executive level, to include forecast accuracy, capacity utilization/efficiency, schedule adherence, lead times, inventory turns, in-stock performance/on-time delivery, excess/obsolete inventory, etc.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within company and global guidelines as well as import requirements
- Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. APICS designation preferred
- Three or more years of mid-level supply chain experience
- Previous experience in prepared foods company preferred
- Ability to travel
- Strong analytical, financial, and computer skills including advanced Excel capability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals within and outside of the company