BREEDER LABORER / DRIVER
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our TEAM as a BREEDER LABORER/DRIVER! This position starts at $22.81/hour with a $5000 HIRING BONUS!
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
JOB SUMMARY: The Breeder Laborer/Driver catches, vaccinates and moves chickens to meet company requirements. Provides sanitation of equipment and buildings as required. Also operates truck as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES INCLUDE the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Catches chickens and places pullets into coops or holds for vaccinators. May vaccinate as required.
- Stacks coops on pallets and pushes pallets on track when required.
- Assembles and disassembles track used in pullet moving. Includes repairing track, as necessary.
- Assists in tarping truck during periods of inclement weather.
- Sanitize buildings and equipment, as necessary.
- Assists supervisor during moving and vaccination as directed.
- Unload breeding stock in layer barns.
- Operates breeder pullet trucks to and from contract growers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership team.
- All other duties as directed.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Some mechanical skill
- Working ability to catch chickens and place in barns
- Considerable ability to lift heavy objects up to approximately 80 - 100 pounds
- Working ability to climb high structures without fear.
- Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions
- Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules – Class A CDL required.