- Work to ensure the safety of all employees and all product produced within the department on a daily basis by ensuring that all company policies are understood and adhered to at all times by employees within their direct control.
- Directly supervisor hourly production employees to include direction of activities and ensuring the training of all employees to product specifications, techniques and requirements.
- Work with maintenance department to ensure the proper maintenance and reliability of all equipment within the department and that all operators are trained in the same.
- Look for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures and encourage hourly employee ownership of all processes.
- Manage hourly production employee performance on both an individual and team basis through the establishment and tracking of performance goals and operating plans.
- Conduct fact finding and investigations as required and implement corrective actions.
- Responsible for utilizing performance metrics and incorporating them into daily operations to ensure the performance of the department.
- Responsible for adherence to all quality and product specifications established by the facility for all product produced.
- Work to develop Leads to ensure day to day operation of the department in the supervisor’s absence.
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- High School degree or equivalent required
1-2 years proven supervisory experience in a production environment. Previous experience in a food / meat production environment is preferred.