Meat Cutters/Saw Operators
Job Title: Meat Cutter Date: 04/23/2015
Location: Denver Department: Production
Reports to: Production Lead
Primary Work Location: Production Floor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Cutting, boning and preparing all fresh meat (beef, pork, chicken) for immediate human consumption. Perform all lower classifications job duties as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Verify that saw is properly set up, done duster is working, correct blade is on saw and the saw is operating properly.
- Cut designated product and send down the conveyor to the meat cutters on the line.
- All Meat Cutters on the line will trim bone and fat from product.
- Bone and fat will be discarded in barrels and trimmings go down hole.
- Trimmings go on a conveyor belt to the AQL person who verifies that the trim is only trim and there are no contaminants.
- All meat going to the Grasselli is sent to the pre-trimmers to trim to product specifications.
- After meat is trimmed it is sent to the skinner before reaching the Grasselli where the cutter puts the meat in the Grasselli.
- Get order guide from the leads as to which products Line 2 will be producing.
- Verify box counts on every item for that line, verify tray count, and run the forklift; that has been properly pre-opted, for the opening crew.
- Direct Utility personnel and communicate with the Leads, to ensure that Line 2 in producing the correct items.
- Reposition machinery when necessary.
- Responsible for cutting product to specification for K-Bobs and fajitas, ensure that product is not over produced.
- If product is not being use right away and needs to sit out, place product on peach paper ensuring that no product touch each other.
- Responsible for production quality.
- Ensure all tools and supplies needed to get the job done are available
- Make sure all equipment being taken apart is being done safely and properly and that equipment is stored properly
- Notify Lead when issues arise
- Responsible for sanitation of work areas
- Assures compliance with all company safety rules
- Follow and monitor proper safety equipment usage and safety practices
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF System.
- Accountable to Denver Processing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- In case of an absence another employee with the same qualifications and training will replace that individual.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to speak, read, and write English Language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Significant experience in production process
- Must attend work consistently
- Considerable knowledge of production processes and work requirements
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Display strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Adaptable and dependable with ability to follow direction and work in cooperation with others
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.