JOB TITLE:ACCOUNTING MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: SALARY
AREA OF USE:WACO PREPARED FOODS FACILITY (Waco, Texas)
Key responsibilities are to work closely with operations and accounting management to reduce costs through reporting and analysis, weekly & monthly financial preparation and reporting including budgeting, to assist and direct the development of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as production demands may require.
- Preparing or directing preparation of reports summarizing business activity operational expenses and variances.
- Assisting with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
- Ensuring proper segregation of duties exists and company assets are safeguarded.
- Managing Accounting function at the location to ensure cross-training and adequate coverage across all functions and appropriate staff development.
- Coordinating preparation of yearly budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly, monthly financials and variance reporting.
- Reconciling appropriate balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Managing and controlling payroll functions.
- Working with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual income statements.
- Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to physically perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 4-year degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5-7 years experience combined operational accounting
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
All employees are required to attend employee and safety orientation prior to performing the above duties. Once the employee completes this training they will be assigned to a Supervisor who will further orient the employee to the workplace, introduce him/her to employees and other supervision, demonstrate work assignment and explain ingress and egress procedures to and from work station. A training buddy may be assigned to new employees for a period to assist in further training and indoctrination.
Those responsible for training and indoctrination may include: personnel representatives, safety director, supervisors, and lead workers.
METHOD OF TRACKING EMPLOYEE PROGRESS:
The supervisor is accountable for tracking employee progress and performance.
EXIT TRAINING FOR MEASURING TRAINING EFFECTIVENESS:
A specific probationary period is assigned to all employees hired to evaluate employee effectiveness and performance. At the end of this period the supervisor will evaluate the job performance of each new employee utilizing current forms and procedures in effect at that time. The employee will be rated and evaluated on essential work duties listed above as well as attendance, tardiness, interaction with co-workers and management, attitudes and work actions. Unacceptable performance of duties and disciplinary actions will be documented on corrective action reports and appropriate personnel records. Absent any negative actions, the employee may be eligible for a wage increase according to the wage and salary policies in effect at that time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, or stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
List any and all personal safety or health protection equipment and gear required by either regulatory, sanitary, or safety procedures.
The employee is required to wear a hair net, beard net (if necessary) and slip proof boots.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the daily work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or customer specifications and processes required of personnel so assigned.
Must complete an application to be considered for the position