HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
The Plant HR Director is accountable for the management and oversight of multiple HR functions including general HR / Labor Relations activity for the location.
Duties include assuring compliance with such agencies as; USCIS, NLRB, OSHA, EEOC, as well as related internal policies, practices and contractual labor agreements.
- Keep the safety and well-being of all JBS employees top of mind and help ensure that others do the same.
- Be the leader of the plant’s human resources team and be accountable for all duties and activities associated with that team.
- Be an advisor and coach to the General Manager and the plant team.
- Be a leader and a driver of JBS culture within the facility
- Ensure that processes exist to identify, recruit, recognize and develop talent within the facility.
- Establish policies and practices to maintain a positive work environment that is conducive to employee engagement and retention
- Ensure that the facility is properly staffed at all times to achieve maximum efficiency
- Work to establish a good working relationship with the union representing the local workforce, in order to avoid disruption to plant productivity.
- Work to establish and maintain positive relationships within the local community, thus helping the facility to be viewed as a good corporate citizen
- Maintain all policies and processes necessary to bring the plant into compliance with all local, state and federal laws concerning employment and labor law
- Represents plant management concerning in all matters related to labor relations, compliance, and other human resources administrative actions.
- Be the resident expert on all corporate human resources activities including compensation, benefits, training, and performance management programs and to work closely with the JBS Corporate contacts in each of these areas.
- 3-5 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an Human Resources Generalist Role
- Previous experience in a non-union environment is preferred
- Previous experience in a food production facility is preferred