LEAD QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Position at Plumrose
QA Lead Bacon Complex, Ottumwa, IA
- Monitor facility and personnel for compliance with GMP's and SSOP's
- Monitor quality levels and regulatory compliance on finished product
- Pre-op inspection with microbial sampling
- Monitor and verify HACCP's, CCP's and perform pre-shipment review
- Monitor HACCP records
- Develop and collect samples for Lab and for new and existing customers
- Record all results/data from all inspections, monitoring activities
- Train and support QA technicians in all the different tasks on the floor.
- Conduct internal audits including but not limited to GMP’s, Glass and Brittle plastic, foreign material.
- Work closely with bacon management to conduct foreign material investigations, quality product shows.
- Conduct, along with FSQA Supervisors, operations employee training.
- Fill in for FSQA Supervisors and help cover vacations and absences.
- Review and organize operations and food safety records.
- Conduct quality audits on bacon product. Communicate deficiencies with operations.
- Work closely with maintenance to identify and repair food safety hazards on the floor.
Physical Demand Strength Rating (with Explanation)
- Constantly standing, walking, performing material handling that can involve heavy objects.
- Must tolerate temperatures that average 35- to 45-degrees F, and occasional temperatures near 0-degrees F
- Must check the weight of individual packages.
- Must check for the proper vacuum seal and for discoloration of the meat.