SR ASSOCIATE MARKETING MANAGER / CATEGORY
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Assist with management of the assigned Brands/Categories sold to Commercial and Non-Commercial operator segments
- Assist in the Strategic Planning process and the development/execution of Growth Strategies and the Annual Marketing Plan for the assigned Brands/Categories
- Assist with Quantitative and Qualitative Brand / Customer / Category / SKU performance analysis in support of the weekly/monthly business reviews; provide detailed analysis using business intelligence resources to provide insight into category performance; work with Customer Marketing Managers and Finance to provide commentary on key drivers of performance
- Assist in the development and execution of the Innovation Strategy for the assigned Categories; assist with development of Business Case and Volume Estimate for projects entering NPD process; assist with the management of Category NPD projects in collaboration with the R&D Project Manager and Innovation Team
- Collaborate with and leverage the consumer insights and culinary team
- Act as Project Manager in support of all associated Marketing initiatives
- Support the management of Cross Functional Team projects (Insights, Finance, Operations, Demand Planning, Customer Marketing) in support of Category objectives; lead cross functional team projects (as assigned)
- Work closely with Finance/Accounting to insure P&L understanding
- Provide inputs to S&OP relative to product and category trends - non customer specific
- Support the development of Marketing Tactics to support the Brand Strategy
- Manage Creative projects via Customer Marketing to execute on the Marketing Tactics
- Develop and maintain Competitive Intelligence documents
- Manage the process of identifying industry, operator and consumer trends; serve as the Category liaison with corporate Consumer Insights; manage proprietary research projects; mine and analyze secondary data to spot trends and insights in support of defined strategies and to uncover new opportunities
- Support Distributor and Segment Marketing in developing and executing tailored marketing programs via Customer Marketing
- Work closely with quality complaint team to understand drivers behind customer complaint trends and operational issues - work with Distributor and Operational Marketing to ensure proper customer communication.
- Seek opportunities for personal development and proactively identify ways to add value to Business Unit teams
Category Marketing Managers own:
- Category P&L: Gross Price through EBIT
- Product level forecast accuracy
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or similar field preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in business management, marketing, supply chain, or analysis.
- 2-5 years' experience in the food industry specifically in protein preferred.
- CPG/Foodservice marketing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of interdepartmental functions and experience in interacting closely with the sales team as well as other teams cross functionally.
- Excellent organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Strong financial and quantitative analytical skills.
- Strong PC capabilities with emphasis on Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word software required.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to work cross-functionally across departments.
- Ability to participate in strategic and annual planning.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $77,385 - $100,590 annually; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.