WASTE WATER OPERATOR LEAD
Job Title: Wastewater Plant Lead Operator
FLSA status: hourly
- Fills in for operators for vacations and call-offs.
- Normal hours Monday through Friday 6 PM to 2 AM.
- Reviews PM, Log Book and Daily Task Sheets and completes Chemical and Spare Parts Inventories.
- Maintains and calibrates pH meters and probes.
- Must be available by phone for questions from Operators during off shift and come in to assist if needed.
- Fills in daily checklist to assure proper function of equipment.
- Detects questionable conditions, relays spare parts, and chemical supply needs to the Plant Environmental Manager.
- Operates the treatment plant according to the SOP received at hire and any changes made afterwards.
- Maintains the Parts cage and Chemical storage buildings in a clean and orderly condition.
Knowledge and skills:
- Must be able to perform but is not limited to the following skills: plumbing, minor electrical repairs, equipment and pump repairs and any other tasks as defined but not limited to the SOP received at his/her hire
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, sketches and equipment OEM
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as alone on varying shifts
- Required to use considerable judgment when performing and planning to perform his/her tasks
- Must become familiar with the waste treatment system
- Must have a good work history, safe work practices and attendance record
- Must be familiar with plant safety policies and be able to perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Must be able to perform all maintenance required in the wastewater department
- Must obey all USDA, HACCP and general plant rules
- Relays directions from Plant Environmental Manager
- Assist the Environmental Manager in planning, organizing, assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant
- May be required to work rotating shifts if needed.
- May be expected to be “on call”.
- General Safety, Lock-Out-Tag-Out, HAZMAT, PPE, Forklift Safe operation
- Must possess a Texas D Wastewater License or similar or pass exam within 6 months
- Some heavy lifting up to 70 lbs and moving of equipment
- High School/GED or technical school Diploma
- Must have a class C license or the ability to secure this license in 6 months
- Exposure to dust, odors. Oil, fumes, noise and damp indoor and outdoor climate