INTERNAL AUDITOR - IT
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are seeking candidates for an Internal Audit role based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO that will focus specifically on Information Technology (IT) audits.
The mission of our Internal Audit team is to be a trusted business advisor, adding value and helping the organization meet its strategic objectives. Our IT Internal Auditor will represent our department by being professional, responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. We are seeking candidates who are highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. Most importantly we are seeking a team player who can work effectively with team members at all levels throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the verification and audit of Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs) and application controls; documentation and issuance of management reports on the design and effectiveness of controls across the company
- Coordinate with IT governance team to develop solutions to address IT control deficiencies, and monitoring of related action plans
- Provide guidance to IT groups as it relates to control interpretation, applicability and practice
- Participate in IT control walk-throughs to determine necessary/applicable modifications.
- Participate in the development and performance of the IT audit plan; work as an integrated team with the other Audit team members on joint financial/IT reviews
- Ownership and accountability for the IT General Controls and Application Controls Testing
- Assist in the development of a combined assurance approach and work with, and co-ordinate work with external audit, when required
- Perform special projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting)
- Knowledge of US-SOX regulations strongly preferred
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking preferred
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations
- The ability to understand how project deliverables impact the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team in a cohesive and collaborative manner
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present complex ideas and concepts to all levels throughout the organization
- Related certifications such as CISA, CISM, CPA/CA are strongly preferred
- Experience creating or working with Information Security policies and standards