Communications Coordinator Job Description
The Communications Coordinator will be in charge of creating and publishing content, overseeing office activities, brainstorming ideas and developing newsletters and other publications. They will also write press releases, monitor media coverage, and attend both external and internal events when requested per HR Director.
- Maintain a database of media organizations and contacts within them.
- Manage the social media communications.
- Regularly meet with and conduct interviews with media personnel as directed by the HRD.
- Create and produce internal newsletters for the organization.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with journalists in multiple types of media outlets.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Write, edit and distribute various types of content, including material for a website, press releases, marketing material and other types of content that take the message to the public.
- Proven experience as a Communication Assistant or Coordinator.
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BA in Communications or a related field is desired