Safety Manager, Full Time, Salaried Position, Council Bluffs, IA
Swift Prepared Foods is Hiring and we are looking for someone like you.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do provide an opportunity for a better future for all our TEAM MEMBERS.
Want great Benefits? Swift Prepared Foods offers you these great benefits, plus so much more!
- Bi-Weekly pay
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and 401k options available after only 60 days
- 10 days’ vacation after 1 year
- Paid holidays
Safety Manager Scope of Position:
Safety Manager is responsible for assurance of regulatory compliance to safety and environmental requirements to include permitting, program review, training, inspections, incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, recordkeeping, and documentation control. In addition, the position has responsibility for the annual site safety plan and development of the plant safety culture.
Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to safety and environmental regulatory requirements as they relate to Permitting, Program review, Training, Inspections, Incident management and follow up, workers’ compensation oversight, Recordkeeping, and Documentation control
- Act as the technical expert for safety, training, health, and ergonomics issues
- Perform plant safety audits and inspections of personnel to assure compliance with program requirements.
- Handle all staff development as it relates to safety and environmental program requirements.
- Administer monthly group meetings and other specialized meetings as need dictates.
- Facilitate H&S drills including Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department drills
- Provide incident and near-miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking, and trending details for EH&S events
- Review all capital expenditure requests to assure safety and environmental concerns are addressed.
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees.
- Responsible for working with the utility group to ensure compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulation.
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with Safety or Environmental agencies
- Conduct or participate in annual site compliance evaluation to include the development of an action plan to address gaps.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Safety Manager Work Environment:
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
Safety Manager Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 4 years’ safety experience, preferably within the food processing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or Physical Sciences; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- CPR/First Aid Training
- National Safety Council training
- Confined Space Training
- OSHA Training Courses
- The program, planning, and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills are essential.
- Outstanding communication skills to lead and engage employees.
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications
Join the team! CLICK APPLY