SENIOR HR GENERALIST
Job Title: Sr. HR Generalist
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Swift Prepared Foods is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Swift Prepared Foods was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Sr. HR Generalist is responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice, both within the Corporate office and within the various processing plants. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management. This position reports directly to the Head of Human Resources and is a key player in supporting Swift Prepared Foods succession planning and organizational development.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement and administer employee policies
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Support the HR department in implementing retention programs to help improve the employee experience
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance both at Corporate and in the field
- Maintain ongoing relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates for Swift Prepared Foods
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures
- Train and provide support to HR team members in the field
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline; experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years’ experience in HR
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes, including AAP & utilizing ATS
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Manage priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment
- Efficient time management and communication
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company and for recruiting top talent for Swift Prepared Foods Business Unit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Corporate working environment
- Plant environment
- Travel up to 30% (within continental North America)
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.