Essential Job Functions:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all purchasing related functions
- Orders, checks, and expedites purchases of parts and materials. Ensures that parts and materials arrive as scheduled with appropriate lead time.
- Researches and locates vendors. Investigates and analyzes the best sources of parts and materials and gives options to purchasing manager. Obtains comparative prices on a regular basis to ensure the best possible prices. maintains current cost data for all purchased items
- Ensures that supplies and materials ordered meet established quality standards
- Monitors inventory levels to place appropriate orders
- Completes and maintains all records including purchase requisitions, purchase orders, receiving reports, and related purchasing paperwork. Maintains purchasing files.
- Tracks and resolves purchasing problems or discrepancies
- Ensures appropriate level of the inventor for products and material so that components are available to meet the demands for production schedules
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional business relations with vendors
- Obtains and conveys information courteously and promptly
- Maintains and projects the Company’s professional reputation
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good communication, coordination, and working relations with the Company personnel and management.
- Interfaces with Research and Development on new products and parts
- Interfaces with production and warehouse personnel
- Disseminates information to fellow workers and assists area personnel as needed
- Keeps department informed of areas activities and of any significant problems. Provides suggestions for improved policies and procedures
- Attends meeting as required
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Endures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Performance Measurements
- Materials, parts, and supplies meet established quality standards and are purchased at the lowest possible prices
- Parts and materials are ordered with appropriate lead time. Orders are expedited as needed.
- Maintain professional business relations with vendors
- Effective coordination and communication exit with all Company department so that operations remain smooth and uninterrupted
- Records, orders, reports, files, and related paperwork are completed timely and accurately
- Management is appropriately informed of any significant concerns.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with inventory preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of all purchasing and safety policies
- Good phone etiquette
- Strong organizational skills
- General mathematical skills
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more
- Must be able to work flexible hours
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Empire/JBS USA is an equal opportunity employer.