ATTENDANT I - BLAINE HATCHERY
Absence of any related duties or functions in this document does not imply that incumbent may be exempt from assignments required to support production. The primary responsibility of this position is to make sure everything is working properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check machines every hour
- Make sure all eggs are pushed back
- Check water chillers for proper operation
- Close all gates. Wash out waste tank after truck runs.
- Clean and replace humidity and Peroxide nozzles
- Disinfect all machines and halls with backpack sprayer
- Help unload or load trucks
- Move egg dollies into machines when necessary
- Call maintenance in for repairs and assist when necesary
Performs other related duties as assigned to support production demands as may be specified by hatchery manager
- Able to work 12 hour shifts at night
- Good Hand-Eye Coordination
- Able to read numbers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Continuously: standing, walking
- Frequently: lifting, turning, twisting, bending, squatting, pushing, grasping, kneeling, reach forward, pulling stretching.
- Hot temperatures
- Wet floors
- Ear Plugs
SAFETY FACTORS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Know how to use and locate the emergency stop switch.
- Know location of primary and secondary emergency exits.
- Know and use proper lifting techniques.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the daily work being performed by partners assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or customer specifications and processes required of personnel so assigned.