Accountant – Packaging Clerk, Invoicing Specialist
This is a duel responsibility role. The invoicing responsibilities are shared with another staff member within Accounting. This role is also responsible for maintaining accurate packaging standards for our finished goods. This position reports to the Plant Assistant Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
Daily invoicing of orders shipped from the JBS Souderton Beef inventory the day prior. Work and communicate closely with the onsite Distribution Center team and possibly third party warehouses as needed to resolve bill of lading errors to insure accurate invoicing. Resolve billing errors in conjunction with our shipping department, external customers and internal claims department. Communicate with and provide documentation to our sales department, claims department and others as needed. Support accounts payable and accounts receivable by generating accurate, complete, and timely invoices using billing software.
This role also includes duties involved with our packaging materials. Compile packaging bill of materials per product specifications for review by Quality Assurance, Operations and Accounting. Enter bill of materials for new products into the proprietary JBS system and update existing product codes as necessary. Communicate with Operations in relation to changes in packaging requirements both on an immediate change basis as well as a forecasted or projected basis. Participate in an annual audit of these packaging standards.
Other duties as needed may include facilitating audits, preparing reports, assisting in account collection, file records and respond to general customer calls. This role will also involve assisting with the development of standard operating procedures for daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Some general ledger and closing procedure functions may be requited in this role depending on the needs of management.
- Invoice all orders billed the day prior
- Bill and invoice specialty sales
- Daily reconciliation of sales
- Monitor and print intercompany loads and claims (debit/credit memo)
- Assist with month end closing procedures
- Assist with some expense tracking items for weekly cost estimates
- Maintain accurate packaging standards
- Assist with general accounting procedures as appointed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of general computer use
- Proficiency in excel, SAP or similar systems preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Invoicing, Accounts Receivable or similar
- High sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility of priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Interpersonal communication and professionalism
- Flexibility of schedule (some weekends required)