2nd SHIFT BLEED CHAIN MONITOR - LIVESTOCK HANDLING TECHNICIAN
2nd SHIFT BLEED CHAIN MONITOR/LIVESTOCK HANDLING TECHNICIAN
- 2nd Shift, flexible as required
- Saturday as needed or required
• Audit, document and use provided tools to monitor animals moving along the
- Verify that all humane handling SOP’s are being carried out, including unloading, handling of non-ambulatory animals, driving and stunning.
- Includes hands on helping with difficult hogs – both in the truck and the drive alley’s
- Monitor/assist in slow hog movement & correct SOP coverage
- Maintain good communication with USDA/FSIS in matters related to humane handling.
- Insure that animals are being properly transported by monitoring equipment and seasonal preparation.
- Monitor animals for visible defects which may impact on yields or quality, providing information to Procurement for feedback to producers.
- Assist in response to emergency situations.
- Maintain implementation of the four elements of the Systematic Approach.
- Participate on facility Animal Welfare Team
- Performs various other duties as determined by the Livestock Handling Manager.
- Knowledge of our industry beneficial
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Good basic math skills
- Good people skills
- Self-motivated - work well without direct supervision
- Must be able to work with live hogs
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must attach a Resume to be considered
- Good attendance record
- Team Player
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work at least 40+ hours per week, determined by receiving and plant operations schedules. This position will be responsible for monitoring the care and handling of livestock from the time they arrive on JBS property. This employee will spend the majority of their time in the animal pen/stick areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled