The Office Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing administrative and operational duties in the corporate office, ensuring that it functions efficiently and smoothly. General responsibilities include supporting the Leadership Team and staff with administrative tasks, liaising with the Building Management (landlord and building engineer/facility manager), managing office supplies, overseeing administrative staff and front office duties.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Organizing meetings: scheduling, reminding, and arranging any catering requests.
- Arranging travel reservations: flights, hotel, car rentals for the Leadership Team.
- Maintain/update the travel program with US HQ and implement/enforce travel policy with staff.
- Manage corporate cards, as related to the travel program with US HQ; negotiating and implementing corporate accounts, i.e. corporate hotel rates
- Processing and approving expense reports for the Leadership Team, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Leadership Team: managing daily calendars, including scheduling and prioritizing meetings, as needed.
- Act as liaison between US HQ and international offices: Canada, Brazil, Mexico and China
- Coordinate office layout planning and office moves.
- Manage office supplies: inventory and place orders as needed; and pantry supplies: stock and organize.
- Replenish snack bar, coffee and clean kitchen area
- Perform reception duties: greet visitors, and field issues/questions.
- Distribute incoming mail and deliveries; facilitate outgoing mail. Manage shipping accounts: FedEx, UPS.
- Lead/participant in ad hoc projects with staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications, or a related field OR
- 5+ years of work experience in an administrative/office management role.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude, while performing multiple tasks in challenging and complex situations.
- Must be a creative, high-energy, hands-on professional with the ability to handle and excel in a fast-paced environment.