PILGRIM"S PROCESS LEAD WORKER - LIVE RECEIVING DAYS
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our Live Receiving Team! Position starts at $23.82/hour.
- 5 Days of Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Process Lead Worker provides first level supervision. This person exercises independent judgment to achieve department goals in safety, quality, efficiency, and yield. The Process Lead Worker reports to the department Supervisor and is responsible for the operation of a set of specific processes within the department. This position is designed to be a career path to higher supervisory positions within the company. Must be able to perform all positions within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
1. Uses independent judgment to provide instruction and work direction to team members supervised. Trains and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance levels Directs and monitors the operations of the department. Makes recommendations and works to plan and implement process improvements.
2. Directs and monitors the operations of assigned processes. Makes recommendations and works with others to plan and implement process improvements.
3. Promotes department and company goodwill through proactive team member communication. Supports and promotes company position on union free status by maintaining open communication and feedback to team members.
4. Supports the new hire training program, as well as being an active member.
5. Schedules people, materials, and equipment to most effectively and efficiently utilize departmental resources to achieve the mission of Pilgrim’s. Utilizes independent judgment in determining work assignments and makes changes as necessary to accommodate staffing and production needs.
6. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed to maintain standards for safety, quality, and overall company personnel satisfaction. Responsible for using independent judgment to enforce corrective action procedures within the department and authorized to issue verbal counseling, written counseling, and written warnings. If necessary, has the authority to suspend team members pending investigations or remove from workplace for unacceptable behaviors.
7. Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and approving team member’s time and attendance utilizing the Kronos Time Keeping System, ensuring that all Pilgrim’s practices and policies are being followed.
8. Prepares and issues performance appraisals after reviewing with Supervisor
9. Certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED or willing to be certified (within 6 months) and willing to serve in such capacity.
10. Makes recommendations on transition (hire) and rehire.
11. Monitor equipment making minor adjustments or repairs to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, as well as preparing or coordinating the preparation of the work area for start up.
12. Performs quality checks to monitor quality levels and makes necessary changes to maintain quality standards.
13. The Process Lead is required to know, understand and support food safety requirements for the facility.
14. Responsible for taking immediate action to correct food safety deficiencies in order to prevent product contamination/adulteration.
15. Recognizes safety hazards, performs safety audits, and assists with accident investigations.
16. Maintains records of department, including daily evaluation sheet and issues other reports pertaining to department as directed.
17. Charts weekly progress against Gold’n Rewards goals, posts information, and covers in crew meetings.
18. Assists in the investigation of quality improvement, cost reduction, method improvement, yield control, and equipment maintenance.
19. Works with others in a safe and professional manner.
20. Complete all daily checklists.
21. Monitors performance of department team members (timings, checklists, etc.).
22. Attends and participates in meetings on a regular basis.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES