The Procurement Specialist will continually search for ways to save Pilgrim's money – either by finding or negotiating better pricing, or through working with internal personnel to find ways to save in the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Buy from key vendors and work closely with these vendors to save the company money, through pricing, inventory reduction, etc.
- Complete surveys, and provide information concerning costs, problems, ideas for savings
- Work closely with Corporate personnel in installation and use of Corporate inventory control and Purchasing programs.
- Reconcile vendor invoice discrepancies and work with accounting and vendors to resolve any problems
- Supervise, either directly or indirectly, employees performing the Requisitioning, Receiving and Issuing purchasing functions
- Assure all division purchase orders are issued on SAP and be knowledgeable of ways to track and control costs, etc., through use of these programs.
- Be knowledgeable of plant operations, in order to be able to find cost savings opportunities.
- Be knowledgeable of stockroom inventory dollar values, set inventory reduction goals and direct efforts towards inventory reduction
- Meet with vendors to discuss quality, service and delivery issues.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Two to five years purchasing/procurement experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good math skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and some knowledge of Access).
- SAP experience preferred.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma/GED; College Degree in related field preferred.