Head of Supply Chain
The Head of Supply Chain will be reporting to the CEO. This position is responsible for the strategy, planning, implementation, and day-to-day execution for supply chain planning, demand planning, transportation & procurement.
- Manage and optimize a supply chain network with multiple distribution centers, production plans, and retail stores, and lead transformation of current business model to a supply chain partnering with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage organization encompassing strategic (e.g., demand planning, sourcing strategy, network optimization, vendor forecasting) as well as execution functions (e.g., purchasing, discrete shop floor assembly and machining planning).
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within company and global guidelines as well as import requirements.
- Identify and implement best in class supply chain technology including MRP, DRP, forecasting, etc. suitable to the scope and size of the business, including implementation of such technology at a detailed level, e.g., modeling supply constraints; creation of item attributes such as lead times, EOQ/MOQs; inventory logic; planning rules; fences; etc.
- Implement best practices across all supply chain functions including demand planning (delivery goals, S&OP processes, FG inventory strategies, product introduction/retirement); supply planning (non-FG inventory strategies, capacity planning, creation of realistic plans); planning execution (work order and purchase order creation, response to MRP messaging, finite scheduling, vendor management, engineering change); as well as order management, order fulfillment, and inventory management.
- Develop, implement, set and meet targets for key performance indicators at a line, manager, and executive level, to include forecast accuracy, capacity utilization/efficiency, schedule adherence, lead times, inventory turns, in-stock performance/on-time delivery, excess/obsolete inventory, etc.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve purchasing and manufacturing costs.
- Manage supplier relationships and strategy for all suppliers; develop / grow world-class supply base (cost, delivery and quality).
- Perform all other duties as needed or required to maintain and grow profitable business within the assigned account base.
- 15+ years of supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience an asset. A minimum of a BS/BA degree in a relevant field. MBA or MS in Supply Chain preferred. APICS designation preferred.
- Strong analytical, financial & P&L skills.
- Experience in multiple supply chain/processes, methodologies and technologies such as ERP, JIT, S&OP, Lean, and Six Sigma.
- Professional Certifications in Operations, Purchasing or Logistics a plus.
- In depth knowledge of key supply chain / logistics processes & current best practices.
- Must have the ability to interact and execute at all the highest levels of the company.
- Strong purchasing, negotiation, planning & materials knowledge. Ability to drive projects to a successful completion.