PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (RTE - 1st Shift)
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a safe, efficient and low cost manufacturing facility that achieves production and customer service goals.
- Manage overall plant operations, including production, maintenance and wastewater
- Supervise, plan and implement all production activities within the plant to maximize production while adhering to standard safe practices and procedures, HACCP, GMP’s and sustaining 5S Lean Manufacturing requirements
- Supervise production leads, maintenance and hourly workers
- Assist with contract workers including sanitation, maintenance, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required; college or technical degree preferred
- Previous production supervisory/leadership experience required
- Windows based computer skills required
- Microsoft Excel knowledge preferred
- General mechanical knowledge and skills
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of wastewater and environmental compliance
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle/feel items, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting: the plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), and working near moving mechanical parts
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Able to work flexible hours