2ND SHIFT MULTICRAFT ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Multicraft Electronic Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: Moberly, MO
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Discipline, Determination, Availability, Simplicity, Sincerity, Humility, Ownership
Scope of Position:
The Multicraft Electronic Technician (MET) will be responsible for project, maintenance reliability of PLC systems and all electrical work throughout the facility involving all levels of voltage within a food processing environment and will be responsible for the repair and installation of electronics/controls function at the facility
- Design, specify, start, validate, monitor, and troubleshoot electronic control systems including PLC logic, HMI, electrical drives, relay logic and motor controls.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and across other engineering disciplines to design and detail industrial processes, motor controls, instrumentation, and power systems that meet business requirements.
- Program, troubleshoot, and configure Allen Bradley (Rockwell) PLC/HMI control systems
- Detail control strategy for process areas, communicate, educate, and train technicians and managers on processes, equipment, and standards.
- Problem-solve in processes and/or design issues by applying controls
- Converse with contractors from a project management standpoint on the installation and commissioning of electronic control systems and related electrical maintenance.
- Must have a working knowledge of scale controller setup and adjustment
- Must have a working knowledge of all voltage ranges
- Must have the ability to setup, maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair all control systems as well as line voltage systems
- Must be able to use manufacturer technical support as a troubleshooting tool to solve complicated issues
- Must be able to read and follow electrical schematics to both troubleshoot and install equipment
- Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ownership of: Electrical safety and maintenance throughout the facility, lighting throughout the facility, cleanliness, neatness, and order of the electrical material storage area
- Assist with other aspects of the maintenance department when needed
- Assist refrigeration and maintenance technicians with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repairs as needed or as directed by maintenance leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelors of Science in Electronic Engineering preferred
- Ability to work non-traditional hours based on facility needs for commissioning and uploading
- Demonstrate problem solving ability with root analysis (RCA) required
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Safety Minded
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Ability to work 12 hour shifts is required
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers. We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.