CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We’re the producers, thought leaders and lovers of the fastest growing category in retail, Beef. At JBS USA we’re driven to push boundaries, feed the world, and have fun while doing it. JBS USA is a global leader in the Beef industry, with over $15 Billion in revenue. JBS is seeking a “data-driven all-star” to support the Beef Category Development team. This insight driven industry professional will lead and strengthen our team’s capabilities in data analytics and market research to accelerate the most important category in the Grocery store. This role will report to JBS USA Director of Category Development, and will work closely with Retail, Foodservice, and International teams to deliver industry-leading insights and analytics that category performance for JBS customers. Come revolutionize the Meat Case and work with the best team in the industry!
This is a hybrid (remote/in person) position, ideally located in Chicago or Northern Colorado.
- Act as an unbiased expert on the Beef Category
- Use and understand 84.51 and IRI/Nielsen to generate actionable insights that will help drive category insights, address issues, or capitalize on opportunities to drive growth.
- Delivers regular category performance reporting around category principles(merchandising, assortment, pricing, promotion) internally and externally
- Leverage data and insights to help our retail partners grow category sales and profits.
- Support account-specific category insights and JBS solutions with a customer-centric mindset
- Implement and support best in class shelving principles and standards
- Lead and develop syndicated reporting to driven insight driven decisions with our internal sales and marketing teams
- Partner with JBS Business Units across proteins to deliver global, total meat case solutions when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Model behaviors that support the JBS values: Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, and Ownership
- Team player with the ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, ambiguous environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred Experience: 4+ years of customer management, marketing, and or/sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry; RFG meat experience a plus.
- Expert in shopper insights and syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, or Spins)
- Experience with planogram software (JDA/Apollo)
- Education: Bachelor Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Estimate 5% travel.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000 - $90,000 annually; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.