The Senior Paralegal supports the JBS USA Legal Department by providing case management on a wide variety of matters ranging from complex antitrust litigation and eDiscovery, to employment issues, corporate governance, M&A transactions, real estate matters, and various other legal issues. This position will routinely interact with other members of the executive and management teams, business unit leadership, outside attorneys, and other vendors. The Senior Paralegal may also assist with document management, contract review, and corporate records management.
The ideal candidate for this position is extremely organized, has a positive attitude, proactive mindset, excellent multitasking abilities and outstanding people skills. The Senior Paralegal will be expected to establish relationships throughout the business, organize priorities and maintain efficient communications with a wide variety of individuals and groups, including outside counsel, support staff, plant personnel, and corporate executives.
- Support the legal dept. with broad case management, internal investigations, employment matters and more.
- Spearhead collection of data and documents for subpoenas, investigations, and litigation requests, and develop an efficient workflow to track and monitor them internally and externally.
- Assist with matter management and records management in the enterprise legal management system (CounselLink).
- Manage legal hold library and coordinate drafting, issuance, and release of holds.
- Assist with preparation of meeting materials, presentations and board materials.
- Provide transactional support for real estate, financings, and bond initiatives when needed.
- Assist with a variety of department tasks, as necessary, such as updating policies and playbooks, contract management, editing documents and correspondence, managing signatures, copying, filing, scanning, and document management.
- Perform all duties professionally, accurately, and with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactively support business functions and overall day-to-day operations of the JBS USA Legal Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred.
- 7-10 years relevant experience as a paralegal, ideally within a corporate legal department.
- Strong Adobe Pro and Microsoft Office skills (particularly with Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and experience with CounselLink and SAP is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast paced environment and communicate clearly and directly with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- A positive attitude, ability to take initiative, a strong commitment to client service, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, ambiguous and quickly changing environment is required.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $75,000 to $95,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity