HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Job Title: Operations HR Director
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope Of Position:
The HRD will be based out of a Swift Prepared Foods Manufacturing location or the Swift Chicago corporate office (West Loop.) The role will be responsible for HR Operations and support for seven manufacturing facilities and two distribution centers and have seven (7) dotted line reports to include the HR Leads for each facility. The HRD will work closely with the Head of Operations, Head of HR and Field HR Managers/ Supervisors and Plant Managers. Additionally, they will collaborate with Operations teams in the field as well as Corporate Executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
• Communicate, coordinate and execute Swift Prepared Foods strategies and business unit tactical initiatives
• Provide counsel to home and area facilities HR and Operations management on complex employee relations, policy, compliance, and legal issues
• Provide focus and accountability and drive ownership for key performance indicators (overall performance management) primarily focusing on improving turnover and absenteeism
• Support locations by taking on special projects that will improve results
• Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of community relations across the business
• Execute corporate investigations
• Serve as HR Corporate support when needed
• Serve as Organizational Development lead for Swift Prepared Foods
• Retention (production/maintenance and management)
• No regulatory agency negative findings
• In non-union facilities, maintain union free status
• Successful Talent management
• Completion of designated training modules
• Maximizing the fulfillment of all designated feeder programs (Interns, Trainees, QA, Lead, etc.)
• Identification and execution of succession planning
• Identification and execution of organizational development initiatives
• Activity and impact of community relations initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
• 7 to 10 years of experience in HR management or supervision preferred
• Multi-site responsibility preferred
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members
• Excellent technical skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and HR-SAP)
- Food manufacturing environment
- Travel Required 50% - 75%
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.