Job Description for Driver
Reports to the Drivers are responsible for the humane handling and transportation of live poultry from producer farm sites to the processing plant as well as the completion of related documents.
- Class 1 driver’s license with Air endorsement
- Good safety record
- The ability to do frequent heavy lifting with a mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to bind cages with an excess of 150 pounds of torque weight on a frequent basis
- Must be able to complete a DOT physical and drug & alcohol screen
- At least 1 year previous experience required
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.