FABRICATION SAFETY CAPTAIN
Audit and educate operations employees on hands on safety expectations and communicate findings with the operations leadership team
This positions needs to be courteous and professional at all times as they will be communicating with all level of personnel.
- Assist assistant safety managers with development/implementation of the safety rep committee
- Subject matter expert on knife safety/handling
- Attendance of daily Area Supervisor meetings (FAB – 5:15 am, Harvest – 6:15 am).
- Participate in incident investigation process
- Participate on Ergo Task Force
- Complete area inspections to identify safety issues and write work orders as assigned by operations management or safety department.
- Complete safety observations to identify safe and unsafe behaviors which need to be addressed.
- Participate in safety improvement team meetings for identified areas of opportunity.
- Audit hourly employees to ensure annual JSA completion for all employees in area.
- Participate with operations management and safety department to update and improvement machine specific training.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the safety department or the operations manager. (perceptions surveys, focused audits other items as assigned)
- Perform Safety Program Validation weekly, including but not limited to: LOTO, PPE, Dock Boss, Knife Handling
- Employee will assist hourly production employees in making sure safety concerns are brought to the appropriate person and addressed in a timely fashion.
- DuPont Stop trained – communicate hazard awareness findings with employees
- Audit restricted duty employees for compliance to restrictions
- Assist with Industrial Hygiene testing and document findings
- Meet regularly with maintenance planners to monitor status of work orders through completion.
- Assist in the preparation of annual SMS Audit.
- Primarily production setting with some maintenance and office settings.
- Physical demands of this position include a great deal of walking and stair climbing.
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives likely
- Work area includes slippery floors, temperature extremes and loud noise
- General work 40 plus hours per week, 5 to 6 days a week and could be considered on call additional hours
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of various areas production and maintenance
- People skills
- Writing skills
- Computer skills
- Communication skills