TRUCK MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
Position Title: Truck Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Green Bay, WI
Reports to: Terminal Service Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair and maintain all system of a Class 8 tractor.
- Perform DOT inspections.
- Replace clutches, brakes, and tires as necessary.
- Perform electrical diagnosis.
- Diagnose engine problems and repair as needed.
- Communicate with drivers to address maintenance issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Perform diagnosis with PACCAR Engines.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must experience as a class 8 tractor mechanic or have adequate trade school training and experience.
- Must be a team player, hardworking, reliable and able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have adequate computer skills to perform duties assigned.
- Must have proper tools to perform the job.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Better Futures Program: 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.