MAINTENANCE - STARTING AT $16.13
Absence of any related duties or functions in this document does not imply that incumbent may be exempt from assignments required to support production. The primary responsibility of this position is to be assigned to a specific(s) machines(s) and will be responsible for making adjustments to machine(s) to maintain proper cuts, yield, and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as production demands may require:
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain proper cuts, yield and efficiency.
- During operational hours of the processing plant the employee may also be asked to assist maintenance mechanics in certain task to ensure minimal downtime and/or downgraded product.
- May be required to work some weekends (Saturday/Sunday) doing a variety of maintenance related items.
Performs other related duties as assigned to support production demands as may be specified by customer or client.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to physically perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Lock out/Tag out
- Pallet Jack and Fork Lift Certification
- Confined Space Awareness
- Welding, Cutting and Brazing
- Machine Guarding
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Hand Tool Safety
- Hot Works
- Electrical Safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Walking, bending frequently, and lifting over 50 lbs, climbing ladders and stairs occasionally.
- Eye/Face Protection
- Hand Protection
SAFETY FACTORS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Know how to use and locate the emergency stop switch.
- Know location of primary and secondary emergency exits.
- Know and use proper lifting techniques.
- Always be aware of pallet jack traffic (electric and hand jack)