TANNERY DRUM OPERATOR
A successful applicant must be able to pass a pulmonary function test to be respirator qualified. Due to the safety sensitivity of the position, random drug screening may be performed. Our tannery operates 24 hours a day 364 days a year.
Sequence of Basic Job Steps
- Employee must always check PPE before use.
- Check the equipment h2s monitor, pHmeter, thermometer, and salometer.
- Prepare the drum to receive the hides
- Position the big door for loading.
- Check formula date for information, and formula receipt for chemicals to be used.
- After loading, operator will position the big door to be closed.
- Use formula to start the soaking procedure. Checking water volume and chemicals.
- The controls determined in the formula and steps must be recorded and checked by supervisor.
- Employee will measure samples as required by beamhouse process
- At end of process download drum to be transported to lime fleshing.