- Promotes a safe working environment for our employees. Conducts accident investigations as required, including making and implementing any recommendations for policy changes, operational impacts or procedural changes.
- Directs processing operations and personnel to meet established processing and quality control standards, to control budget and costs, and to provide data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products produced.
- Sets and tracks performance to targets, budgets and operating plans. Tracks and monitors hourly staff attendance and administers constructive discipline in line with Company’s discipline policy.
- Establishes short-term activities directed toward processing continuity and balance such as shift schedules, ensuring requisition of materials, machine loading, grievance resolution, and equipment maintenance.
- Coordinates and integrates with other plant function areas to ensure support in attaining output, productivity, and quality.
- Assist HR with hiring and training all shift supervisors and provide support to all plant manager activities. Maintain working relationship with local Union representatives.
- Works with the maintenance group to ensure production staff are appropriately trained in how to operate equipment, the equipment is operated properly and equipment downtime can be minimized.
- Selects, organizes, trains, and motivates processing labor force to ensure consistent attainment of processing schedules at optimum productivity and cost levels.
- Recommends improvements in processing flow or methods.
- Ensures effective use of operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and to improve product quality.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to improve processing and quality of products.
- Responsible for working relations between USDA, FSQA and plant personnel.
- Extensive knowledge and technical skill in a variety of production jobs.
- Supervisory skills; good interpersonal relations; ability to handle conflict.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player with leadership skills
- Experience in leading groups of operating employees, including setting team and individual objectives, managing individual and team performance and building a team approach to problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead, engage and motivate individuals and/or teams.
- A thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles and leadership applications within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong proficiency with personal computer software with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and multiple applications required.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Spanish/English bilingual desired but not required
- Minimum 8-10 years in a food manufacturing plant or similar; meat experience preferred
- College diploma or University degree; or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
Oversee a team of Supervisors
College Degree preferred not required